12 August 2013


Two months ago, little did I wonder if I would be able to do justice to the large number of responsibilities that I had to shoulder in a small time frame of one week. I had to arrange for my sister’s marriage preparations single handedly, pay off my hefty home installment , honor my professional commitments relating to six ongoing projects and also take the orphanage children out  on a day trip out of the city as I had already promised them and they eagerly looked forward to it. I could have changed it but didn't want to burst the bubble of their expectations.




My friend Raj seeing me get worked up, inspite of me doing my best gave me an offer and I am ever thankful for it. He asked me to accompany him to Nature Cure and Yoga Centre of which he was a member. He told me that no matter how much I worked out at the gym to destress myself, the path had to be ‘from inside out’..


I was introduced to Yoga. We all breathe but are we really  consciously aware of it?  Could I control my breath ? No. So, if I couldn't control my breath how could I control the bigger responsibilities that lay ahead then?


Controlling or to put it better , harmonizing oneself with the rhythm of one's breath basically enables one to stabilize one’s mind and calm it . Still waters run deep. When the mind is clear and not fogged, things begin to fall in place.and in the right perspective.


Secondly through natural yoga classes, one can understand  or ‘hear one’s body speak’ as one tunes in with mother nature.

Some of the  different yoga practices which  I got introduced to at Nature Cure  were the Surya Namaskar, different Asanas, Pranayamas, Bandhas and Mudras, Kriyas or Dharana and Meditation or Dhyana.


For instance, the Surya Namaskar is  one of the most useful and popular modes of yogic exercises. It combines pranayamas and mudras together in a smooth motion, it consists of a series of 12 postures which are performed early in the morning while facing the rising sun. The surya namaskar energizes the entire neuro-glandular and neuro-muscular system of the body and its regular practice ensures a balanced supply of oxygenated blood and perfect harmony within all the organ systems of the body. As a result, the entire psychosomatic system is revitalized thoroughly.


After the two day visit when I returned home, I was full of energy and ready to take on the world . Since that day I practice Yoga for an hour each morning before I take on the day .


Thanks to yoga that I was able to successfully execute each and every responsibility last week and I dashed them with finesse. My sisters wedding was lavishly taken taken care of, my projects have soared and I am all set for a promotion and the smiles on the childrens’ faces after the trip... priceless!


About Debmalya Datta

Member of Thedigitalmarketing.org & Member of Androidhardwares.com, a Digital Marketer & blogger. Follow him on Twitter, or befriend him on Facebook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment