30 October 2013

There are few foods that I could easily eat daily. I could even munch on them multiple times a day.  Cheese sandwiches with veg patties, pancakes, veg falafel to name a few, are the most palatable offerings that I love to gratify my urge of taste buds with.  McDonald’s veggie burger for instance is one such delicacy that my appetite yearn for. But nothing is higher in my list than homemade carrot halwa. I do miss my mom every time my taste bud and appetite crave for these heavenly delights in unfathomable harmony.

With winter all set to arrive and no hope for a trip back to Kolkata until December end I can’t thank enough my microwave oven and microwave bowls, for they served as my perfect tool and weapon to satisfy my occasional fit for deliciousness even while my mom was away at Kolkata. Surviving in Mumbai for a Bong like me isn’t quite a difficult one. The only glitch appears when you start to miss your mom and her home cooked meals. Hence, in order to keep my head on shoulder and feet at bay from tripping I have created my own small and sweet kitchen set up in my studio apartment and the most important accessories in there is the microwave oven and the perfect set of cookware for microwave.
With my kitchen perfectly accessorized I love to hit the floor very frequently to ease out the woes of regular errands and perils of worldly worries. Just like any detoxifying medication cooking serves me as the most relaxing exercise to keep my nerve in control. Hailing from Kolkata I am no less foody and I dare not kill the urge for the sake of unavailability. Instead I prefer to cook my meals myself and take pleasure in hogging them once they are out of microwave. Microwave allows me to cook almost everything, from rice to fish curry to halwa and I must admit I love to spend time in there cooking.  Indeed it is the most unusual stress buster that works the best for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment